1. My stomach muscles are killing me from my gym escapade yesterday. I don't mind my tummy, generally. But while I understand the notion of 'no pain, no gain,' I am feeling much more pain than I am seeing gain so far...
2. Comfort food is what I ate the most of on Thursday. I actually had roast turkey, roast potatoes and sweetcorn with cranberry sauce and gravy at work yesterday. But the best thing was a chunky vegetable soup/stew my Mum made that took me right back to childhood.
3. The yard is apparently the outside space at the front or back of your house...my Boy laughs at me when I call it the 'garden.'
4. Not at work is where I'd rather be at any given time.
5. The smell of mints mixed with the vague aroma of cigarette smoke and a whiff of comforting old ladies' perfume reminds me of my old piano teacher's house! I loved that lady.
6. Extra sleep and lots of it is what I need right now! (I seem to say it every week, but it's always true.)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my Dad and then staying at the 'rents house, tomorrow my plans include going to church, visting Dad and watching the X-Factor while getting my hair did (curls rock my world, lol) and Sunday, I want to attend my last Bible course, feel bad that I didn't actually finish all the assignments, put some stuff to sell on eBay and finish writing that song that has been in progress for a few months!
Friday Fill-Ins come courtesy of Janet. Click the button to play too!


2 comments:
Ugh.. exercise with no observable results is sooo depressing. But then, all of sudden, you can see it... so stick with it :-D
Mmm... chunky veg stew sounds so good :-p
Piano teacher, eh? Me, I get taken back to my flute teacher from time to time. :-D
Looking like you have quite the weekend ahead! I get the whole no pain no gain, but you're right, it seems to be a little unequal.
Post a Comment